Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Nothin' Like A Boy and His Dog


Bentley is settling in. His new "sister" is still adjusting and delivering some low growls when he bounces around her, but in time they should do great. Today, Scarlett even waggled her nub at him while sniffing his face that's still buried in the cone collar. Poor thing.


Boy does Bentley love his boys! Tonight we read books in Emerson's bed as usual. Bentley was locked in the room with us to minimize any unsupervised destruction. He kept hopping and whining to get up on the bed. Finally, I caved in and brought him up anticipating a full on puppy attack. Surprisingly, he curled up in a ball at our feet and fell asleep.


I finished stories and prayers and Dalton and I snuck out of the room so not to disturb the sleeping mound. I tucked Dalton in and returned to Emerson's room to find Bentley still sound asleep. I took him out, knowing there was NO chance Emerson would willingly get up in the night to let him out to potty, and closed the door. I walked into the kitchen and Bentley wasn't behind me. I heard a scratching sound and Bentley was at Emerson's door trying to let himself in. I opened the door to see what he would do and he ran over the the bed and starting hopping and whining. I placed him up on the bed and he curled up and laid down.


OK...despite my best judgment, I decided we'd give this a try. I left him there and when I returned a half hour later, Emerson and Bentley were curled up together both sound asleep. So sweet! Bentley has his boys...because as everyone knows...every puppy needs a boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment